Gite Terms & Conditions
1. The first step is to make a
provided. We will send you a Booking
Form by email which you should complete
and return to us. We will provide you with
payment information (bank transfer,
PayPal or cheque) and your booking will
be confirmed upon receipt of the deposit
and security payment or full payment (in
cleared funds) depending on when the
booking is made.
2. For bookings made more than 10
weeks in advance of the rental period,
you will be asked to pay 25% of the
rental cost plus a separate security
deposit of £250 per holiday (see below) to
secure the booking with the full balance
payable 10 weeks before the rental period
3. For bookings made less than 10 weeks in advance of the rental period, you must pay the full balance plus security deposit of £250 immediately to secure the booking.
4. Your booking will be binding both on you and on us when we send you confirmation that the booking is accepted. If payment is not made when due, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you and apply the cancellation charges set out below. By sending us a payment, you are indicating that you have read and you accept these terms and conditions.
5. We reserve the right to refuse any booking we consider to be unsuitable for our property
6. The cost of the Gite rental is fixed and will not be subject to any variation once accepted by us. The price is for self catering accomodation.
7. Additional Services provided by us must be paid for in cash or cleared funds (if paying by PayPal or bank transfer) not less than 48 hours before departure, except for the booking of an additional bedroom, which must be paid for on the same terms as the main gite rental. Additional Services booked by us on your behalf with external businesses must be paid for by you in accordance with the external business' terms and conditions.
8. Travel arrangements. These are your responsibility. We cannot be responsible for any failure on your part to make the necessary travel arrangements, nor delays or cancellations. It is your responsibility to take out any insurance that you may require against such eventualities.
9. Passports. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport enabling you to travel.
10. Changing your booking. If you wish to change the dates of your booking, we will do all we can to help. Any amended arrangements will be treated as a new booking. You may vary the names of members or add to their number of your party so long as we are supplied with the relevant details and the gîte does not exceed its total capacity.
11. Cancellation. If you need to cancel your holiday after it has been confirmed, the person making the booking must notify us in writing. In that event the following cancellation charges are payable from the date we receive your notification:
- Less than 21 days before the starting date - loss of payment.
- 21 to 70 days before - 50% of payment.
- More than 70 days before - loss of deposit.
We would advise that you insure against cancellation as you will be liable for the cancellation fees, whether or not the reason for cancellation is within your control.
11. Complaints. If you have any problems with the house or its fittings or equipment, please let us know immediately. We will respond as quickly as possible to any complaint which is likely to seriously affect the enjoyment of you holiday.
12. Insurance. You are responsible for insuring your personal property whilst on holiday and for insuring against cancellation, sickness or other such risks.
13. Deposit. A security deposit of £250 is payable for all bookings. You are required to leave the property tidy and in good order when you leave. The deposit will be held and returned to you within 14 days of the end of your holiday, and we reserve the right to deduct from it the cost of any damage to the property or its fittings and equipment. If little effort has been made to clean the gite and equipment before departure, guests may have to pay a cleaning charge of €40, which may be deducted from the security deposit (or separately invoiced to the person making the booking, at our discretion).
14. Please report breakages and damages, so that they may be replaced in time for our next guests
15. Your booking is only for the number of people stated on booking form.
16. Bed Linen We will supply bed linen. For those staying for 2 weeks or more, clean bed linen will be offered on a weekly basis. You will be responsible for any other washing during the course of your holiday.
17. Accommodation. The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity of the Gite is 12 persons (plus up to 2 babies in cots). This is based on 8 adults sharing 4 double rooms and 4 children sharing a room with single beds. An additional separate bedroom (if booked) can accommodate a further 2 people (double bed) bringing the capacity to 14.
18. Duration of holiday. Bookings run from 4 pm on the day of arrival to 10.00 am on the day of departure. Your co-operation in complying with this is appreciated so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following clients
19. Use of facilities. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party are made aware, by you, of the normal risks attendant on using the facilities provided at the property. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party take all proper precautions against accident, whether by using appropriate safety equipment or otherwise and ensuring that young persons are properly supervised at all times.
20. Liability. We believe the property to be accurately described in our web site and any other literature supplied by us. You are responsible for insurance of your own personal property whilst on holiday. The use of the accommodation, equipment or any amenities on site is entirely at the hirer's risk and no responsibility will be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the guests personally, their belongings, or vehicles. The owners are not insured for theft of their guests' possessions. The owners shall not be liable to the guests for any stoppage in the supply of services, nor in the respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property; nor for any other matters beyond the reasonable control of the owners; nor for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the guest should the property be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of or during the rental period other than the amount previously paid by the hirer in respect of the rental period. Under no circumstances shall the owners liability to the hirer exceed the amount paid by the hirer to the owner for the rental period.
21. The owners reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance or are not treating the property with due respect. In this event no refund will be made for the unused portion of the holiday
22. The owners respect the right to your privacy whilst staying in the property but reserve the right to enter the property should this be necessary for any reasonable purpose.